When we open Microsoft Word, we get a start screen with several options. Let’s look into the features it gives us.
- Start a new blank document
- Start with a template
- See more templates
- AI recommended documents
- Recently opened documents
- Pinned documents
- Documents Shared with the user
- Side menu – shows extended version of the new, recent, and shared documents. In addition a menu to open files from your system or cloud.
Now that we have learned about the start screen, let’s open a blank document. Here we will learn (inshaAllah) about the interface of the new document’s window.
- Quick Access Toolbar – can hold optional features that we need to access quickly. You can add more features if you need.
- Title bar
- Ethereal Void
- Insertion Pointer (Cursor)
- Blank page
- Document Information
- View Buttons
That is the overall look and names of the user interface of a blank document. Now let’s dive into the ribbon.
- Tabs – different tabs with different groups
- Home – General features
- Insert – To insert new pages, tables, images, etc.
- Draw – Basic tools to draw anything
- Design – Change theme, style, and feeling
- Layout – different layouts and page styles
- References – Tables of contents, Citations, etc.
- Mailings – mail merge
- Review – Track changes, review, and compare.
- View – Different views (print layout, web layout, etc)
- Tell Me – Helps finding features easily.
- Groups – different groups with different options
That is the very basic we need to know about the user interface of the application Microsoft Word.
Hope that was helpful.
You can find the video version below, inshaAllah.