When we open Microsoft Word, we get a start screen with several options. Let’s look into the features it gives us.
- Start a new blank document
- Start with a template
- See more templates
- AI recommended documents
- Recently opened documents
- Pinned documents
- Documents Shared with the user
- Side menu - shows extended version of the new, recent, and shared documents. In addition a menu to open files from your system or cloud.
Now that we have learned about the start screen, let’s open a blank document. Here we will learn (inshaAllah) about the interface of the new document’s window.
- Quick Access Toolbar - can hold optional features that we need to access quickly. You can add more features if you need.
- Title bar
- Ethereal Void
- Insertion Pointer (Cursor)
- Blank page
- Document Information
- View Buttons
That is the overall look and names of the user interface of a blank document. Now let’s dive into the ribbon.
- Tabs - different tabs with different groups
- Home - General features
- Insert - To insert new pages, tables, images, etc.
- Draw - Basic tools to draw anything
- Design - Change theme, style, and feeling
- Layout - different layouts and page styles
- References - Tables of contents, Citations, etc.
- Mailings - mail merge
- Review - Track changes, review, and compare.
- View - Different views (print layout, web layout, etc)
- Tell Me - Helps finding features easily.
- Groups - different groups with different options
That is the very basic we need to know about the user interface of the application Microsoft Word.
Hope that was helpful.