Recently I uploaded a video to teach Photoshop Neural Filters, in which I taught how to use Skin Smoothing, Smart Portrait, Colorize, and many more which teaches ways to change facial expressions seamlessly. After uploading, I realized that in Islam, photos are allowed only without any filtering or editing. Then I searched and came up with an article and a video. These explained that changing the photo to improve it or to distort it is prohibited in Islam.
I decided to remove the video from YouTube. But the problem was that I already shared it with a few close friends and students. I don’t want to let them land in a dead URL. So, I tried and found that I can’t upload an edited version to the same link on YouTube. That’s quite disappointing yet I believe that is how it should be. Because a Youtuber can upload a video that viewers really like and share the link in social media and later on the YouTuber change it to a video they hate or something rubbish.
However, the good news is YouTube allows me to edit the video on YouTube itself. This way, visitors won’t get lost as well as the viewer count will remain to continue.
So, I thought this would be a useful feature for many of the YouTubers as anyone may realize a mistake in the middle of the video after uploading it. That is why I decided to write a tutorial and make a video on how to do it on YouTube.
Edit YouTube Video
Open YouTube Editor
- Open YouTube and click your profile picture.
- Click Your Channel.
- From the left sidebar click Your Videos.
- Click the video you want to edit.
- Click the Editor link from the left sidebar.
Trim and Save Changes
- Click TRIM above timeline.
- Drag your playhead to the beginning of the area you want to remove.
- Click SPLIT from the bottom of the window.
- Drag the blue-highlight line to select the area you want to be deleted from the video.
You can trim any number of mistakes or unwanted parts in your video.
- Once you are done, click Preview from the bottom of the window.
- Click SAVE from the top right corner.