Below are Facebook’s suggestions on creating and maintaining a secure password. Follow these steps to create a secure password and to learn how to maintain it safely.
- Creating the right password will help make sure you can log into your account – and help keep other people out.
- Make sure your password is unique, but memorable enough that you don’t forget it.
- Don’t use a password that you use on other sites – if one site gets hacked and your password is stolen, hackers will often try it on other sites.
- Don’t share your password with anyone. If you think someone else has it, you should change it.
- To do that, go to More.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Type your current password. Then, type your new password and reenter it one more time. Tap Change Password.
- Learn more about logging in and passwords to help ensure your account is secure.